FontLab VI 6.0.9 update
The new free FontLab VI 6.0.9 update, together with last week’s 6.0.8, adds various improvements:
- better handling of composite glyphs and auto layers (live composite glyphs), including a quick way to create “auto layers” for multiple glyphs and layers, and a new extended syntax for glyph recipes that allows scaling and flipping of components
- a better List view in the Font window, where you can decide which columns should be shown, and drag them to your preferred order
- a new Glyphs Bar to help you navigate through your glyph set, right in the Glyph window
- a new Guides section in Font Info to help you control font guides
- ability to manually arrange classes in the Classes panel
- auto-complete and drag-drop support in the Features panel
- a new contextual Quick Help panel, accessible from the Help menu, and new Quick Tips in the Welcome screen
- a setting to show and hide placeholders for missing glyphs in the Glyph window (if placeholders are shown, you can now double-click on them to create the glyphs). (
Preferences > Editing > Show missing glyph placeholders)
- Copy-Paste buttons in the Font Info sections for Family and Font Dimensions
- improvements in working with Genius nodes
- more control over outline conversion from PostScript to TrueType
- easier ways to add missing extrema nodes and implied TrueType nodes
- a more human-readable
VFJfile format (the optional FontLab VI JSON format)
- smaller file sizes for exported bitmap color fonts (Google
- an optional Profile setting to include open contours in exported fonts
The update also has many other improvements, as well as bug fixes. See the FontLab VI Release Notes for details.
Oh, and FontLab VI is still on sale for just $459 instead of $689, until August 31!
Tags: dot release
Trackback from your site.