We have just released Mac updates for FontLab Studio 5 (5.1.6), TypeTool (3.1.3) and Fontographer (5.2.4) to address recent macOS compatibility issues with the recent macOS 10.14.4 release, and copy/paste problems FontLab Studio and TypeTool on 10.13 and 10.14 (High Sierra and Mojave).
To download FontLab Studio or TypeTool, go to the app page link below, then scroll down to enter your email address in the form; Fontographer is a direct download:
FontLab VI version 6.1.0 is now available as a free update to FontLab VI. This major update includes numerous new features, many tiny enhancements to make things work more intuitively, as well as countless bug fixes. This article covers major highlights, and gives brief explanations for some of them. We have another blog post that gives a detailed description of the font filters, components and metrics improvements, and our release notes describe all other improvements and bug fixes.
- Design: Components, improved Metrics expressions, Nonspacing components, Measurements panel, X‑Ray view, display lengths and angles while drawing
- Font Window: Sidebar, Filters, better character placeholders
- Variations: Matchmaker enhancements, better kerning coordination across masters, Smart rounding, custom Family names for individual instances
- Technology: Source panel, VFJ format improvements, customizable location of your user data, layer merging, improvements in TrueType Hinting and OpenType feature editing
The 30-day trial restarted: Don’t have FontLab VI yet and your previous 30-day trial run expired? We have restarted the trial period for the 6.1 update, so you can download FontLab VI and enjoy it again for a month! Buy or try it at https://fontlab.com/VI
We have a new Public Preview (5926) available!
Download the new Public Preview (5962) build:
- If you have a public preview build from within the last month, just launch it, and use the built-in auto-update feature. This should work even after the build expires at the end of the month.
- Otherwise, you can sign up for the Public Preview on the main FontLab VI page, and that will automatically send you an email with a link to the newest Public Preview download. Yes, this will work even if you already signed up before.
Discuss and post bug reports in our user forum.
We still don’t call this a “beta”; that would imply being feature complete and fairly stable. Although we are not there yet, stability and usability continue to improve.