Public beta: FontLab Studio 5 v5.1.5 Mac build
I’ve posted a new beta build (5611) of FontLab Studio 5 version 5.1.5.
This is a test version of a free update, which will require you enter your FontLab serial number during the install. I suggest you first rename your existing FontLab Studio 5.app to, say “FontLab Studio 5 old.app” before you install the new build. This way you can run your previous version at any time if the new version proves an unworthy successor in any way. I do not expect it, but it is better to be cautious in such things.
Several of us at FontLab have been running this (5611) and its predecessor build 5598 without problems, and happily so as it fixes numerous known bugs in 5.1.4. The previous v5.1.5 build 5568 linked on our blog did not contain these bug fixes—its sole change was to deal with a now‐future Mac OS compatibility issue. This change is still there, but we are fixing a bunch of bugs, as well.
If no major new issues are found in the next few days, I will announce this build more broadly than just here, and it will become the general public version.
(Note: There is a Windows version 5.2.2 in the works as well. We are doing builds and just need to investigate a few more things before we share it too widely.)
Here is the list of bugs we think are fixed in FontLab Studio 5.1.5 Mac , compared to 5.1.4:
- #086 (+Win) Metrics Window context menu issues
- #783 (+Win) Blue class kerning indicators not visible
- #784 Font create date not editable in UI
- #518 (+Win) Metrics undo is applied only to the base component of composite glyphs
- #547 Printing fails on OS X 10.9÷10.10
- #120 (+Win) “Digital signature” and “Trace Options” sections disappear from “Preferences” (Options) dialog after performing “Reset options to defaults” command
- (+Win) Fractional values for slanting in Action
- (+Win) Always add -Regular in PS FontName
- Copy Font Info
- (+Win) Removing underscore and digits from PSN
- #792 (+Win) Loss of focus
- #454 Menus disappear if Workspace has a non‐ASCII char
- (+Win) Non‐accurate scaling paste from EPS
- #323 Wrong Type 1 hinting rasterizers (“Apple B&W” and “Apple Grayscale” work now. Adobe B&W and Grayscale are named “Cooltype” now, but they require specific library which is absent in the project )
- (+Win) Component shift doesn’t work in Generate Glyphs dialog
- Applying any saved workspace using the Window>Workspace menu shifts all toolbars
- (+Win) If I am trying to generate the font containing 65536 glyphs FLS hangs
Mac bug fixes that also apply to Windows are noted; there will be additional Windows‐specific bug fixes in the FontLab Studio 5 Windows update.
Trackback from your site.