Job: FontLab Doc Writer (p/t)
Are you a type tech geek & writer? Get paid to become a FontLab VI guru!
Location: wherever you want to work from, remotely!
Hours: part time, whenever you want. Show up for a weekly virtual meeting.
Apply to: “thomas” at the obvious domain.
The Docs Writer will take a major role, with other staff, in documenting FontLab VI. The interface is largely new, and there are many new features.
There is plenty to be done at FontLab, and an energetic candidate with varied skills and interests will be welcome to do other things too! In fact, given the right candidate, this position could be combined with one or both of our other part‐time positions: QA tester and tech support.
- Good written English skills
- Some familiarity with a font editing app, such as FontLab Studio 5, Glyphs, RoboFont or FontForge
- Writing experience (bonus: software documentation or other instructional materials)
- Works well independently, “self starter” (a cliché, we know!), copes well with ambiguity, can help define problems as well as attacking them afterwards
- Mac or Windows computer (Mac preferred)
- If Mac, 2560 x 1600 retina screen (or better) recommended.
- If Windows, 1920 x 1080 (or better) screen recommended.
- Write, edit and expand FontLab VI documentation (considerable portions already written)
- Help change the draft docs to be process‐oriented
- Illustrate docs with screen shots as appropriate
Optional Duties / Opportunities for Development
- Create tutorial/educational videos for FontLab VI
- Make product workflow & feature suggestions
Appreciated Bonus Attributes:
- Experience using FontLab VI, currently in Public Preview
- Interest in using FontLab VI outside of paid work
- Experience with other font editing apps
- Familiarity with Markdown (a lightweight formatting language used in both our bug tracker and our docs authoring system)
Trackback from your site.