Job: FontLab QA tester (p/t)
Do you love font editing apps?
Already trying FontLab VI?
Work from wherever you want, whenever you want. One weekly (virtual) meeting. Part‐time, paid at an hourly rate.
Apply to: “thomas” at the obvious domain.
QA or Quality Assurance is software industry jargon for “testing software so it doesn’t suck.” This part‐time position will help test, log and reproduce bugs with FontLab VI, currently in Public Preview. The app has been rebuilt from scratch, the interface is new, and there are many new features — hence many possibilities for bugs. This job is ideal for someone who has some experience with FontLab Studio 5 and is learning VI.
There is plenty to be done at FontLab, and an energetic candidate with varied skills and interests will be given other tasks if they want them! Given the right candidate, this position could be combined with one or both of our other part‐time positions: doc writer and tech support.
- Experience using FontLab VI, currently in Public Preview
- Ability to work independently, “self‐starter”
- Communicate well in written English
- Mac preferred, as we do screen shots on Mac
- If Mac, 2560×1600 retina screen (or better) recommended.
- If Windows, 1920 x 1080 (or better) screen recommended.
- Create plans for rigorous testing of feature areas
- Test also new features and newly fixed bugs
- Understand and reproduce bugs reported by users
- File new bugs in bug tracking system (ZenHub), explaining how to reproduce
- Verify whether supposedly fixed bugs are actually fixed
Possibilities for Growth
- Help write and edit FontLab VI documentation
- Create tutorial/educational videos for FontLab VI
- Test and write bugs on TransType and other products
- You tell us what else you can do!
Trackback from your site.